About The Artist
Carol L. Riddle, Santa Cruz Watercolor Artist
I received my bachelor’s degree in Advertising Art from the California College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland, in 1965. After spending most of my working life in the Printing Industry, I have decided to pursue my lifelong interest in painting.
My work primarily consists of landscape watercolors, although I occasionally work in pastels as well. With the use of both onsite and studio painting, I try to capture the beauty of our local scene, choosing to depict what one might see while visiting Santa Cruz and the surrounding areas.
2008 was my first year participating in the Santa Cruz Open Studios Tour, and I look forward to taking part on an ongoing basis.
Two of my Landscapes were accepted in the juried show Irreplaceable Places: Contemporary Landscape Painters of California, 79th Annual Statewide Exhibit at the Art League in Santa Cruz, 2009, and I have had paintings accepted for have had paintings accepted many times since, at this well respected Landscape Show.
Other exhibits have been at:
- Many Hands Gallery in Capitola
- The Gift Shop at the Museum of Art and History, Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Billiards and Cafe
- The White Raven in Felton
- La & Dos Gallerias in Moss Landing
- Art of Santa Cruz at the Capitola Mall
- Art Services in Felton
- Henry Cowell Nature Store at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park in Felton
- Zinnia’s in Scotts Valley.